Like every other digital store, the PlayStation Store has a Gift Card program. You can buy these gift cards basically anywhere — either physical or digital — making them fantastic to gift for any occasion. Giving and receiving gift cards is the easy part though. How do you then redeem it on your console?
How to redeem your PlayStation gift card
You’ll need the code to redeem on your console. Check your email for the digital code or scratch off the back of your physical gift card to reveal the code.
- From the dashboard on your PlayStation, head to the leftmost icon and go to the Store.
- Scroll all of the way down to Redeem Codes.
Enter the code either provided in the email sent to you (digital) or on the back of the gift card (physical).
Source: Android Central
Other ways to redeem PlayStation gift card
- Add whatever you’d like to buy into your Cart.
- From your cart, select Proceed to Checkout.
- Select Redeem Codes and Gift Cards when choosing a payment method.
What if the item I’m buying costs more than my Gift Card?
If you attempt to purchase an item that costs more than what your gift card was redeemed for, you can choose to pay the remaining difference through another means of payment like a credit card.
For example, if you want to purchase a $60 game but your gift card was only good for $50, you can use up that $50 and pay the remaining $10 with a credit card.